Words & photos by Fatema Sitabkhan
Do you like coffee? *Hey, BFF!*
Are you a fan of body scrubs? *Hallelujah!*
Now, let’s put those two elements together …
coffee + scrubs
Intrigued? Excited? Unsure? Confused?
Whatever your curiosity is, I can tell you now that you need to listen up, because boy! Do I have a story to tell you!
- The ultimate stress reliever that relaxes your muscles and skin, nourishes your skin, increases blood circulation, leaves you smelling minty fresh!
- Another excellent product to relax and uplift you, decreases blood pressure, and flushes out all the harmful toxins. Basically, fruit tingle in a scrub!
- Great antioxidant, decreases blood pressure, and reduces the growth of cancerous cells – pretty bloody awesome!
- You only need a handful of scrub (preferably a well-packed, cupped handful), which will allow you to resourcefully use the scrub without causing much wastage
- You can keep track of how much scrub you’ve got and jump online when you’re running low 😉
There’s 6 very simple and straightforward steps to getting the full experience out of these scrubs:
- Patch a small amount of the scrub on one area of the body prior to use
- Dampen skin to apply the scrub effectively
- Grab a cupped handful, apply all over body (avoid eyes & gently apply over face)
- Massage in a circular motion and focus on muscle areas of the body
- Leave the scrub on for about 5-10 minutes for it to sink into the pores & work its magic
- Rinse off the scrub in the shower and smell amazing!
The visible (and subtle) effects
Having used these scrubs twice a day for a period of about 5 days, I can feel my skin giving off a subtle glow and presenting with an increased level of smoothness and silkiness. I feel much more relaxed after my bath and my mood has generally improved by inhaling the relaxing aroma from these scrubs, particularly from the grapefruit and peppermint scrubs. The scrubs are packed with organic coconut oil, which gives it the musky and calming aroma upon application.
While I haven’t had a huge issue with blackheads (or whiteheads), I can see them clearing up the more I use the scrub on a routinely basis. It’s safe to say that my caffeine addiction has just skyrocketed (#sorrynotsorry)!
The coffee scent is stronger in the vanilla scrub, while the peppermint and grapefruit scrubs have a more minty and fruity aroma to them respectively. The only caution I’d take is to make sure you have adequately dampened your body, otherwise the scrub may feel patchy and a bit too coarse on dry skin.
Supporting local produce